Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sorry

I'm sorry for neglecting my blog...I keep wanting to post and then I get side-tracked with everyone else's posts.
Remember the little broken table that my grandpa made? Well, here is the paint job...


I have it in a little corner in front of the house and I will eventually take a picture of it in its cuteness :)
I went to a friend's baby shower a few weeks ago and I made this diaper cake....


It was much cuter when it was wrapped in this fancy basket bag with twine and a bow but my camera decided at that moment to break and so I only have halfway finished pictures! Here is my topper :)


Then I bought this mirror for 14$ at Goodwill. I don't have a complete before picture {shame on me!} but here is an after....



Just regular black paint you say? NOT!


Chalkboard spraypaint!

ANNNnnndd we painted our front room on Memorial Day....Our room with the vaulted ceilings.....


I kind of...hated it for a little... because the lighting made it too yellow looking {rather than the cake batter-y creamy look I was going for} but I've come to terms with the lighting and figured out some mini fixes that make me happy...thankfully!!

As long as I keep it up with the creams and browns, I'm good.


That's it for now. I'll be better I promise!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't wait to see your painted room! Every time I come over your house has been changed! So fun.Wish I had that kind of energy.

Jason and Keri said...

looks great!!

J+K said...

It looks awesome! I am so jealous! I haven't painted at ALL! && you have wonderful things! Good job on the creativity levels! I could never make a diaper cake! And that mirror is AWESOME! I never find anything good at goodwill! I guess ive been going after youve found all the sweet stuff!