Monday, April 13, 2009

Rush

This week has been a rush so far. Sorry it's been a while.
Anyways, Easter went over nicely. I am the choir director for church and I took a risk with our Easter piece....
The issues with my choir are 2 simple, yet very important issues: 1 not enough people (i've had a choir practice of 4 people) and 2 difficulty with 4 part harmonies. Sooo thus far I have found a lot of easy 2 part harmony pieces and even easy 4 part harmony pieces but the key ingredient has been the word EASY.
Well I heard this beautiful piece and decided that it had to be sung but it is a lot more difficult than any of our previous pieces so I wasn't sure if it was going to turn out. I have to say, I am so proud of them! We all did a great job, I had about 20 people, and it really touched the hearts of everyone listening.
I don't have pictures of the choir but I do have pictures of my new strawberry blonde highlighted hair and pictures of Kendall and I!





My cousin unexpectedly paid us a visit for one whole week this week and we did lots of fun stuff. We went to Montezuma's castle on Saturday and it stopped raining just long enough for us to walk around for a while!


It is crazy how they lived here and how those who discovered it have been able to preserve it!





and here's Kendall pretending to choke me. His favorite way of showing love to his wifey.




The rest of this week will also be a rush. My sister and her family are coming in town tomorrow, my brother is getting married on Friday, and Kendall and I are doing our house inspection on Saturday! I gotta start packing!!!


1 comment:

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

ha yeah sorry i can't say anything. i added that to the bottom of the post just now. thanks for reminding me :)