Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The King

I don't know about you, but I grew up with an Elvis-loving, hip-shaking, Love-Me-Tender mother.


She constantly tells and re-tells stories of how she would play Elvis all the time while she was pregnant with me.



Or of how when I was fussy as a baby, she would rock me and put on the Elvis record and I would calm down.



So this semester, it is my last semester of my undergraduate degree and I am taking an Elvis class. I have to say, it has been an awesome class so far. Not only is it easy {the MAIN reason why I took it in the first place}, but it is interesting and memorable. And I get to listen to some of the original recordings.



Can you believe that the hubby El Guapo doesn't like Elvis at all? The only time he will listen to it is when I dance around the house shaking my hips singing "Here Comes Santa Claus" with all vocal hiccups included at Christmas time.




I mean who can resist the King? Please tell me that you all appreciate him at some level...

3 comments:

marry said...

I can't wait ot have more time for homemaking! And yes I have my elvis favorites!

Afton said...

How cute! Sounds like a fun class...

Clarisa said...

can't believe this is an actual class and you are getting credit for it! haha! my parents didn't listen to elvis and so goes the tradition but since your mom and you sisters like him, i have a sense of realization that he's ok. tim, btw, doesn't like him either, but don't tell anyone. i don't want him kicked out of the family!