Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ace of Cakes

Ok so, we've learned a lot from our first cake making experience. We are not as talented as the people on Ace of Cakes but we did pretty well for our first try.


Here is the beginning of our project, three cake recipes worth of cakes:


Next is the "dirty icing" stage, as Sarah discovered off of one of her cooking shows she loves.



More layers, more dirty icing:




And now for some detail work (mostly to hide the messy frosting) hehe. And for decoration:






Then I took apart the new bouquet I bought (for this specific purpose) and set to embellishments:



The top was a little rounded but since this is a rough draft, we're ok :) :




View from the back:




And it won't be on an old cookie sheet for the wedding haha.

But I think we didn't do too shabby for the first try. What do you think?

2 comments:

Elizabeth Larson said...

AWWWWWWWWWESOOOMMMEEE!! THe cake looks fabulous! I love the flower embeleshments and think you ladies did a super fantastic job. I really like the ideas of fixing the rounding on the top and also frosting while the cake is frozen. I think it will be better, but not much improvement besides that is needed!! Can't wait to be there in person to help myself! Love you!

Melissa said...

That's so cute! You guys are so talented! :)