Monday, June 27, 2011

Cake pops!

Right after Harrison was born, when we finally made it home from the NICU, my Sister in Law and her family brought us some Cake Pops from Starbucks. They were sooo delicious and addicting that we decided to make some ourselves!

We started with just a simple yellow cake recipe (or was it white?) and baked that first. Then we put it in the fabulous food processor:




It made it into this nice chopped up crumbly bunch of cake:



Then we added the best part... Cream cheese frosting:



I think we added 3/4 of the can and mixed it up:



Then rolled it into balls. They have to be small enough that they won't slide down the stick:




Then we dipped them in delicious candy coating:




Popped them into the freezer for a little and voila! Cake pops!


They were soo delicious and cute. And even though the pink sprinkles accidentally turned out to be peppermint flavored, they tasted pretty good even if they were a little Christmas-y ;)


My summer favorites list will be my next post. Don't forget to give me ideas!


2 comments:

Alicia said...

I may have to try this with gluten-free cake one of these days... I didn't know they were so simple!

Sara SHOEmaker said...

look at you being a domestic diva and all that. Starbucks has these and I just think they're darling. and yes I will definitely tell you beforehand! :) I wish our trips could be longer, it's such a let down. we are going to lake powell next week but won't be in the valley at all. ugh! we haven't seen you in Ages.
The House of Shoes